We will be splitting our work across three levels for right now.
- Identify the health related components of fitness (5)
- Identify the performance related components of fitness (6)
- HINT: We’ve covered both already!
- Using FITT create an activity routine that applies to ONE health related component (or more) and ONE performance related component (or more).
- Create your own fitness plan that can be implemented through the month of October.
- It must include both health and performance components of fitness.
- It must be in the FITT format and include the principles of overload and specificity where applicable.
- You must create relevant SMART goals that are to be met by your routine.
- Baseline measurements of your performance/health are necessary. Use your tracking sheet.
- A reflection on the successes and failures will be submitted.
You are to create and instruct four brief workouts and/or circuits. They are to theme around:
-Strength, Power, Endurance
You must use FITT/overload/specificity to create and lead these workouts/circuits.
You are to design and facilitate a cardiovascular training session that incorporates one or more methods of cardiovascular training with consideration of the FITT principle. Those methods may include:
1 interval training
3 long slow distance training
4 tempo pace training
Additionally, you are to administer the following assessments around aerobic intensity to yourself and/or classmates as applicable:
2.1.1 perceived exertion
2.1.2 heart rate; e.g., radial or carotid pulse
2.1.3 heart rate monitors
2.1.4 resting heart rate
2.1.7 training to zones
Finally, you are to provide constructive feedback on the Grade 11 cardio and agility lessons.