We will be splitting our work across three levels for right now.
Grades 9 and 10:
- Identify the health related components of fitness (5)
- Identify the performance related components of fitness (6)
- Using FITT create an activity routine that applies to ONE health related component (or more) and ONE performance related component (or more).
- Create your own fitness plan that can be implemented through the month of October.
- It must include both health and performance components of fitness.
- It must be in the FITT format and include the principles of overload and specificity where applicable.
- You must create relevant SMART goals that are to be met by your routine.
- Baseline measurements of your performance/health are necessary.
- A reflection on the successes and failures will be submitted.
You are to create and instruct four brief workouts and/or circuits. They are to theme around:
-Strength, Power, Endurance
You must use FITT/overload/specificity to create and lead these workouts/circuits.
Grade 12 (not applicable 2021):
You are to design and facilitate a cardiovascular training session that incorporates one or more methods of cardiovascular training with consideration of the FITT principle. Those methods may include:
1 interval training
3 long slow distance training
4 tempo pace training
Additionally, you are to administer the following assessments around aerobic intensity to yourself and/or classmates as applicable:
2.1.1 perceived exertion
2.1.2 heart rate; e.g., radial or carotid pulse
2.1.3 heart rate monitors
2.1.4 resting heart rate
2.1.7 training to zones
Finally, you are to provide constructive feedback on the Grade 11 cardio lessons.